The Tuesday evening key note speaker was Garrison Wynn. His presentation was entitled, "How to Win an Unfair Fight: Influencing People You Don't Have Authority Over".
- Get an understanding of what people really value and how that impacts agreement
- Develop strategic advocates and create your own personal "influence upward" plan
- How to get people to agree with you
- Why some people disagree with everything and what you can do about it
- How to get people to listen to your ideas
Unfortunately I do not remember all of the key lessons, but I do remember laughing. After the key note I spoke with him in the hallway. Of course I had to purchase an autographed copy of his new book, The Real Truth about Success.
I have slowly been reading this book and I have found some very insightful items. Here is a quote testers can apply toward the continuous mission of honing our craft.
"Approach life talent first. Find and create your personal advantage."
The book takes a close and humorous look at "what the top 1% do differently, why they won't tell you, and how you can do it anyway!" There are examples of the traditional dressing for success, treating others has you would like to be treated, and shifting a negative attribute into a positive asset.
You too should find your secret weapon and not be afraid to use it.